Individually Handcrafted Jewelry

I love to combine the funky and the fabulous, the weird and the wonderful, the graceful and the odd...into something magical. Each piece made one at a time, with joy and love.

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Snowy Beginning

Hey! Hi! Come on in!

From the depths of a record snowy week in North Texas, as the Superbowl looms upon us (seriously - just down the highway about 15 minutes), I welcome you to my little adventure here! I'll be keeping a record of my creative pursuits, chiefly my work with Zetta Grace, in jewelry; but also will likely slip in some words about whatever theater project I am currently involved in, my family life, knitting, and miscellaneous fun.  So! Off we go...

A couple weeks ago my husband and I spent a long-overdue weekend back in our old stomping grounds of New Orleans. It was an utterly fabulous trip, with two of our dearest friends, and we had more fun that we ought to have, probably! Hello, frosty beverages! What? Texas doesn't have drive-through daiquiris?? Quell dommage! Seriously, we went into withdrawals for about a week. ;)

Luckily there were some souvenirs of the trip that were of a decidedly healthier bent - namely a super score of vintage glass Mardi Gras beads from the 40's!! I was giddy... So, I've made up a couple adorable little necklaces, that perfectly capture that marriage of the sacred and the profane that is New Orleans...plus they're just too fun. (Real photos on the Etsy and Zetta Grace sites...these blog photos will be for fun.)
And then, I played with a little wire-wrapping, pearls, and ruby glass:
And squee!! My favorite thing to play with right now - this awesome collection of vintage skeleton keys, that I am slowly and lovingly turning into little works of art.  This one was the first, and is bronze potato pearls, wrapped on gold wire, with a beautiful smoky-quartz faceted ball.  Very romantic.
Another delicate key, this time in copper and bronze tones, with a clear quartz and copper-dyed potato pearls.
Will you be my Valentine?? A cool deco key, with hand-wrapped hearts, a tiny real locket, and a faceted red chalcedony ball. 
I just love these! Anyway, I'll be posting more soon, but in the meantime, I have to get my Etsy store and the Zetta Grace website live.  I'm a little nervous about finally stepping out and showing my creations...

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love how creative and interesting they are to look at. Looking forward to seeing your Etsy site when you go live.

    I followed you over from Whoopee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I'm trying to get it up this week, and I'll be sure to post when I do. I'm going back now to continue looking at your blog - your photos are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete